Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday Someday...

Hello.

My furnace has been fixed and it officially freaks me out. It's across the bedroom and I can see the pilot light glowing at night. When it turns on I can hear the "Fwoosh!" of the firebox and it gets VERY hot in my room as the furnace is on the wall. In my room.

I'm not sure who designed these apartments, but they had a very unique perspective. That's all I will say. :-P

I looked at the fuse box (circuit box? circuit breaker box?), you know, that box on the wall with the metal lid with circuit breakers in it? Yeah whatever the hell it is. Anyhow, on the bottom was a sticker from the electric company that installed it. The electric company has long been out of business and the phone number was "2-6201." I'm guessing that due to that fact, and the fact I had to sign a lead paint disclosure when I moved in, these apartments were built sometime in the late 50's - early 60's. I guess it's okay but it does bug me they're so old. My friend Ken said there's probably asbestos in the ceiling. Probably so...

Well, here's a picture of the weeping willow in the courtyard. That'll take my mind off the fact I live in an asbestos-laden death trap.

"Fwoosh!"

No comments: