Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Frosty Chocolate Utah

Smello.

As I type this, the Weather Utility on my desktop is blinking red. It's really, really, REALLY cold. Below freezing. It's a little unusual for it to get this cold this soon, but I guess when you live in the mountains at 4800 feet you have to expect that.

Last night I heard the warning chime for my Weather Utility (peal of thunder) and I saw this advisory. For some reason, the last paragraph strikes me as funny/disturbing:



It's time to worry about that already? Damn. The reason this is on my mind is because my furnace hasn't been lit yet. Usually when you move in somewhere your furnace pilot light is lit and you just turn it on, right? Yeah, well, not here. It's not lit and I have NO IDEA how to do it. I thought it would be okay for the rest of the week, but last night the temp got down to 58F INSIDE my apartment. I turned on my computer and put in a DVD so it wouldn't freeze (obviously it affected my brain). My friends Ken and Jen are coming tonight to show me how to turn on the gas and light it, since it's my first time and all, so that I don't blow my face off. That's very nice of them. :-)

My pinky refuses to bend anymore. I need to go warm up somehow. Here's me being cold.



-Pjamms :-)

No comments: