Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dehydration: A Celebration

Good Evening.

I *think* I might know why I was so dizzy. It could have been one of two things.

1. I took too much ibuprofen for my back the day prior

or

2. I was really, REALLY dehydrated.

Number one sounds plausible because it's a side effect of too much ibuprofen, and number two does as well because I worked out harder than usual, didn't drink a bunch of water, then went home and had salt (damn you baby gherkins and your tastiness!). Plus I've been drinking tons of water and feel much better since yesterday. I've worked out twice since DizzySpell 2005 (two days ago) and I feel pretty good if I may say so meself. I'm glad I exercised anyway...the previous moi would have forgone exercise and stayed in bed, not setting foot in a gym for at least another three months. Not now! It's validating too because I feel okay!

So whatever it was it's over now and I don't give a hoot.

A couple days ago (in a dizzy stupor) I decided to lower my thermostat a few degrees (from 70 to 67) because it was toasty in here and it saves on the gas bill. Clearly this wasn't a good idea. You see, my apartment was built in the 1960's or something and was not made to provide...shall we say..."ample" protection from the elements. Basically I can feel a (frostbitening) draft even with the windows closed (is that a word?). So the thermo must be raised. Stat. (I AM SO COLD RIGHT NOW. HOLY POOP I AM SO COLD.)

There. It kicked on with that "Fwoosh!" sound it makes that is oh so dear to my heart. For those of you who know, I have issues with this furnace (see link) but I don't care right now because I'm COLD!

That is all. Here's a picture of a picture of my friend looking at my frog Rutherford on top of the furnace.



Also...I just took this quiz and it was right on. Weird.




ColorQuiz.comPjamms took the free ColorQuiz.com personality test!

"Seeks freedom from problems and a secure state of ..."


Click here to read the rest of the results.




Buh bye!

2 comments:

Michele said...

67?! 70?! HAAA! You would die at my house! You would get so cold you'd turn blue and then fall over like a big old MIKESICLE! (heh) This morning when it was 22 degrees outside I relented and turned the thermostat up to 60 degrees. Slowly, after like, an hour! or something we could all feel most of our toes again.
Anyway,
Merry merry x-mas my friend, I planned to send you a card but then my mom took a dive down the stairs and my local grocery stores all stopped carrying my magic coffeemate brand fat free half and half and since then my life has been a big fat shit sandwich. With shit flavored pickles and shit flavored chips. It's all a great big pile of shit, I tell you!
Oops, sorry. I think I miss my blog or something.

Pjamms said...

Aww! I miss you!!

But I understand you gotta do what you gotta do and I wish you the very best. :-)

Merry Christmas! Don't freeze!

-Mikesicle