Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dream Cleaner?

Have you ever run into someone you NEVER thought you'd ever see again but thought of from time to time? That happened to me today and it was AWESOME. A woman my mom used to babysit came into the college today to ask for directions. What are the odds? WHAT ARE THE ODDS I ASK YOU??!!

I'll tell you. Slim to none.

It was great to see her and I hope to see her again. :-)

On an even happier note, I have an amusing anecdote.

That sounded stuffy.

Anyway my sister had two friends (and some other ones but the story focuses on these two) and their mothers were friends. They (the mothers) would hang out together and drive around in high school acting all silly like two youngsters from high school do. Well, there was a song...perhaps you've heard of it...called "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright. It was a hit song back then and it came on the radio oftenHAVE I ALREADY TOLD THIS STORY??

I don't think I have. Never mind.

So the song would come on and they would sing along. The chorus was:

Dreeeeeam weeeaverr...I believe you can get me through the niiiiiiiight..."

One of the women thought the word was "Green Wiener" rather than "Dream Weaver." I don't know why but she did. The song came on one night in the car and she belted out with all her heart "GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN WIEEEEEENERRR!! I BELIEVE YOU-" and couldn't finish due to the explosion of laughter coming from her friend in the driver's seat.

I found the song on iTunes and I have to say...sweet merciful CRAP is it dated! Wow! Electric boopy shit and violins and EVERYTHING! I highly recommend a listen if you can find it. It's hilarious. Especially if you replace "Dream Weaver" with you-know-what.

I left that on my boss's voicemail. Green wiener. I sang the whole chorus and everything.

She saved the message.

Hee hee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this entry to my wife and she could not stop laughing!

Pjamms said...

SPLENDID!!