Saturday, March 25, 2006

CONFIT!

Wow. I just came from one of the best dinners I've ever had.

God I'm so fat.

My (incredibly thin) friend Rebecca and I went to The Paris Market and had an incredible feast. Spending time with her is always a complete joy so we could have been at McDonald's and we'd have a blast - but the food was good too, in any case.

We had delectable escargot laden with butter, olive oil and garlic served with crusty artisan bread to start. Then I had a moist duck confit with sauteed lentils, carrots and beets. She had butternut squash soup (she had already eaten prior...I was the hungry one) and we finished with a crisp pear and almond tart sprinkled with powdered sugar and fresh berries. The food was paired with a delicious Les Deux Rives Corbiéres.

So.

Full.

Right.

Now.

I wish I could afford to do this every day. :-D

No comments: