Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Shaire-Stee Krawh-Fürhde (inside joke, y'all)

HEY THERE!

So yesterday I went to Starbucks. The drive-thru had 3 cars already lined up so I went inside. While waiting for my Passion Lemonade Tea and Caramel Macchiato (for my boss), I overhead the (disconcertingly chipper) drive-thru attendant guy. He was probably in his early 30's, blonde, tall and slim with a green apron and Starbucks hat to match. When another car came up to the winder, he would turn on his mic and twirp "HEY THERE! Welcome to Starbucks! What can WE do for you today??"

It was funny.

Well, some people came up to the window and he recited their order exactly as they had given it. They commented on his memory skillzzz (sic)(emphasis mine)(bacon cheeseburger), and he replied with the comment:

"Thanks! I've got the nose of an elephant and the memory to match!"

Um...what? He looked like your average white guy (as I stated before in the description noted in section A, subsection 43-Crayon 971 iii viii) and his nose was not a noticeable characteristic. I could understand if it was even a little bit big, but it was completely in scale with his face!

Now, the typical mental response to a comment like that would be something like "Oh, he's teasing himself in a self-depricating manner to make everyone feel comfortable." That is fine and good but this guy had a normal nose. Seriously. Due to this, I am lead to conclude that the Starbucks Barista in question was either:

A. Crazy
B. Crazy
or
C. Weird

Of course, there is the additional possibility that he simply loves his job and uses humor through the day, no matter how inane, because he is satisfied with his life and the world around him, but thinking that would just be downright nutty.

Option 5: Downright Nutty (me)

So that was my trip to Starbucks. I have another name for it as a play-on-words kinda thang (g-dawg foo gansta hizzy!), but I will not type that on this site. This is a family site!!

Oh...okay. I'll give you a hint.

What word rhymes with "Bucks" but involves something a little more...intimate? Yeah. Now combine that with "Star" for wordplay FUNTIME!!

Wordplay? Kinky.

I have to go. My Hootie and The Blowfish album is done ripping to mah hard drive. I like to call them "Blowtie and The Hootfish" but that's just me (I told you I like to have fun with words).

Oh yeah. Here's my arm.



Bye!

No comments: