Monday, January 23, 2006

Limburger and Liver Lumps

Hey there! How ya doin'?

Vernacular.

For some reason, I have "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by The Scorpions stuck in my head. I didn't hear it today or any day recently so it makes no sense why it won't go away. I did have a slight debate with a friend about the lyrics however. He insisted the chorus was "Raunchy like a hurricane" and I insisted it was "Rock you like a hurricane." Turns out we're both right and wrong. It's both. I just saw he was on Skype today so that might be why Les Scorpions won't git outta mah heed.

Anyway...wanna see my new shirt? It was only $2.50 at THE MOTHER OF ALL SALES yesterday! Wahoo! Score!!



It really was a cool sale. I don't usually like going there but COME ON!! A $2.50 SHIRT??!! Seriously!! It was awesome. I must remember this for next year as I tend to purchase clothing about .5 times per year...generally during a holiday clearance sale, being the big spender that I am.

Speaking of clothing, I noticed the other day now my shoe soles wear in a funny way. The back right sole is worn while the back left is intact. I've heard that much of it has to do with your posture and how you stand. To see what the dilly be (my former English professors can kiss my ass), I just stood normal, relaxed and took a picture. This is what I saw:



Of course! This would explain everything! No wonder my ankles hurt all the time! No wonder I flitter off the treadmill head over heels like a ragdoll every time it goes above 3 mph! No wonder!! What an epiphany!

I'm totally kidding. Though my ankles did hurt after snapping the picture (and some cartilage, I imagine). See the lengths to which I will travel for you, dear readers? See?!

Actually this is the REAL deal:



Do you think my right foot is crooked? This was in the most comfortable position I could get in, so I think it's a pretty accurate depiction of my stance. So, do you think it's crooked? It would explain a lot...

Now I have to go ice my ankles. I will check in with you tomorrow. Tah.


"Rock you like a huuuuricaaaane..."

4 comments:

Gina said...

hey
i was just skimming blogs
i really enjoy reading your entries. you have a great sense of humor! keep up the good work!

~Gina

Anonymous said...

I can't get the theme from
"Small Wonder" out of my head.

Please make it stop.

-Sis!

Pjamms said...

So it IS crooked!! I KNEW IT!!

Via Ferrata said...

You should go to www.kissthisguy.com. They have tons of misheard lyrics. My favorite is the song "Bring me a Higher Love", someone thought it was "Bring me an Iron Lung"