Monday, July 16, 2007

Vegetariano.

I ate chicken.

Twice.

First I was with Jeannie and there wasn’t anything on the menu I could eat besides fish (which I had already eaten three times that week and couldn’t have again lest I develop Mercury poisoning).

So it had to be chicken.

It didn’t make me sick like that turkey burger did awhile back (similar situation with lack of dietary choices), so I figured that was whatever it was, I had the chicken and wouldn’t be doing it again.

OH.

Guess what? Last night I went to another restaurant (why is it always in a restaurant?) and was going to order fish when I realized ONCE AGAIN I had reached the maximum recommended allotment of fish for the week.

Damn.

So I had chicken fajitas. They were okay. A little overcooked but okay. Honestly I can’t say I really love chicken and want more of it, but I can’t say it was horrible to eat it again. I’m in the middle.

Vegetarianism is great, but sometimes it’s hard to find something to eat. I’m not even a full-on vegetarian (eating mercury-laden fish and all) and still have problems! So, until I figure out how to fix that, occasionally I may eat chicken.

Ew.

I feel like I’m giving up.

2 comments:

liljackmonkey said...

You're not giving up, you are giving in to the "man" not providing more vegetarian choices on the menu. Never fear my dear, you are still my cute little sugar plum that I love and cherish. Even if you eat chicken... like I do.

Pjamms said...

Thank you. You're sweet. :-)