Sunday, July 29, 2007

Surgery

Let me update you on my dad's condition.

He was scheduled to see his cardiologist for an angiogram on Monday, then bypass surgery after if the angiogram warranted it (which it probably will). The doctor told him to take it very easy and basically just "sit there and read" until then as he has new blockage in areas he didn't before.

That's what he did. He just sat there cautiously waiting for Monday.

Well...on Friday night he was having chest pains. He went into the hospital and they checked him out. Around 3 a.m. Saturday he was released because everything seemed fine.

Around 4 p.m. Saturday he had another heart attack.

My mom called the ambulance and they rushed him to emergency. Letting him go home was clearly a bad idea, but they were only doing what they thought was right. He really did seem to be just fine.

Now he is stable and feeling very good, but they're not taking chances this time. He is going to be under observation until Monday, and the cardiologist on duty may do the angiogram and get him into surgery today if he feels he should.

I will keep you posted. Please send good thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

**Sending good thoughts to you and your family!!**

N@

Shelley C said...

Dear Michael,
What a shock! I wondered why I had not seen or heard anything from you. Please know and also tell your Mom that I am remembering you all in my prayers. Let me know how things unfold.
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's heavy. Best wishes for you and your dad.

Wac

Pjamms said...

Thank you everyone. You are all wonderful. :-)