Friday, May 11, 2007

It begins?

It started out simply enough. "Cancel your internet service at home Michael" I thought. "They completely screwed up your billing and still haven't sent you the return labels for your modem."

So I did.

Then some problems followed.

When one builds their life around modern technology and the ability to connect to the world from anywhere to anyone, certainly slicing that connection completely would lend to some complications.

(How many words in that sentence start with a C?)

Let me just tell you what's been going on.

I have been wandering around like an orphaned child, wondering where and when I would be able to connect to the damn internet JUST TO CHECK MY EMAIL PLEASE JUST FOR A SECOND?! PLEASE??!!

Like a data-coke fiend.

So intense were my feelings to reconnect to the only time-waster I really know without returning to my previous service provider (they really were awful) that I found myself taking drastic measures.

Quite drastic.

Let me just tell you now that Gmail is very hard to read with one's tiny, cheap cell phone and that the library only allows you TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES of access.

TWENTY-FIVE.

I've come to a solution though. So far, now that it's starting to pan out, it has been working for me. I have purchased a new laptop (HP dv6000n) and am currently posting from the coffee house down the street which offers TWENTY-FOUR HOURS of access for TWO DOLLARS or ONE DOLLAR with a purchase.

This peach iced tea is good.

Honestly I've wanted to do this for a long time. I've wanted to maintain my access yet in a way that would allow me to be out and about, not holed up in my bedroom. I think this is a good idea and don't mind the fact there are people walking all over the place and anyone could read my screen.

Actually...they CAN'T because it's that special kind of screen that you can't see from different angles! Ha!

So this is good. This is really good. Honestly it has to be! Have you seen a longer post than this one on here lately? I'm inspired to write just for the hell of it!

I'm going to refill my iced tea. You have a good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw-eeet lappy dood!

Pjamms said...

Thanks! It is quite delightful. :-)