Monday, May 28, 2007

El fin de semana/The weekend

Hey there!

Did you have a nice Memorial Day weekend? I did. Unfortunately none of my relatives are buried in Utah so I didn't visit their graves, but I guess that could be a positive thing too if you look at it with the right sunglasses.

Let me recap what I did since the day to day meanderings of yours truly are SO VERY INTERESTING they must be posted on the Internet for the world to see (please don't stalk me).

Friday

Friday evening was just delightful. My good friend Ashley invited me to her grandparents house (read: HUGE-ASS FRIGGING MANSION) for swimming and a barbecue. Jordan, Kevin, Jackie, Jordan's brother (also Mike), his girlfriend Alicia and Ashley's girlfriend Teresa all came. It was a blast! We swam and hot-tubbed and swam and ate hamburgers (veggie burgers for me), swam, hot-tubbed and swam some more. Then we swam.

OH. Ashley's grandparents' pool has TOYS AND A SLIDE.

Enough said.

(AWESOME.)

Saturday

On Saturday I went with my friend Hannah to IKEA. Hannah is leaving in 2 months for graduate school and I am going to miss her so much! We had such a wonderful time. Afterward we went to Oasis Cafe for lunch and it was delicious (the food as well as the server). I had a vegan tasting plate which was a cup of hummus, a cup of some yummy olive tapenade, 10 pita triangles and a cucumber tomato salad. Scrumptious!

Saturday night was not good. I had left my cell phone at home and knew that Jackie and everyone wanted to do something in the city. I figured if I got home by 6 it would be okay because that's usually when we leave. Well...I got all the way back home to discover everyone had left at 5:30 to catch a movie. That really sucked. It was completely my fault too because I didn't have my phone and didn't think to CALL them as we always text message each other now.

Lesson learned.

I could have driven back down there to join them for dinner but I fell asleep (which is what I do when frustrated). Then I just didn't want to go anywhere. At all. I was angry. Saturday night pretty much blew chunks. At least it was my doing, and not someone else's. Nobody made it suck but me.

Heh. That would be a funny t-shirt.

"Nobody made it suck but me."

Heh.

Hopefully I didn't lose any friends from my weirdness that night. Moving on...

Sunday

On Sunday my mom, (Aunt) Karen and I went to IKEA. Yes I went three times this week. We had lunch there and I must say, the quality of food has not changed one bit since the last time I ate at an IKEA restaurant. The veggie sandwich I had was incredible. So incredible that my mom took a bite from a quarter of it and refused to give that back. She gave me the rest of her salmon though so it was all good.

I HAD LINGONBERRY JUICE AGAIN. GOD HOW I MISSED LINGONBERRY JUICE.

At this point I have purchased so many items there I lost count and can't remember all there was. That's when it's time to stop (for a little bit).

We went home afterward and I did laundry at my parents' house. I do so much laundry there I might as well give them the dryer sheets and detergent I have. It never gets used over here.

MONDAY

I slept in until noon and am now writing this. I'm going over to my parents' house again for a barbecue at 5.

UPDATE: I wrote that, went to my parents, didn't take the file with me, and am now posting from the fountain plaza thing on campus. It's a beautiful day. My mom made shrimp skewers WITH GRILLED PINEAPPLE. It was fantastic. There is a bug on my neck. Ew.

It has been a nice weekend. Thank you to everyone who helped make it so. You're wonderful. :-)

No comments: