Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This post brought to you by Ovaltine...

I am plagued with the snots and headaches.

Ew.

However, while sitting at home wishing I could pop my head with a pin, I found some really well made videos on YouTube. What I liked the most was the music. I asked the account holder where he had gotten the music and he told me it was from here:

Complete Broadcast Day

This is a complete day of broadcasting from WJSV (now WTOP) in Alexandria, VA. The recording was made on September 21, 1939. It was archived for time and posterity because that particular day there was a special session of congress they covered live from Washington D.C.

You can actually hear President Roosevelt speak.

It was fascinating.

The best part was when the announcer explained why that day was being recorded. What gave me chills was that he knew people would be listening to his voice long after he passed away. It was almost as though he was reaching through time to say hello and thank me for listening!

That might have been the cough medicine, however.

In any case, I recommend a listen. There are commercials, recipe ideas, shows (including the infamous “Amos n' Andy”), LIVE MUSIC by Louis Prima and everything else. I can't stop listening to it!

Now, it's time for more medicine. Mmm.

CIAO.

2 comments:

Shelley C said...

Dear Michael,
Sorry to hear you are sick! Happy belated birthday! My daughter, Jenn, will be 28 on June 12th. Oh, and I will be a grandmother on August 7th....
Shelley

Pjamms said...

Thank you, and congratulations! Your first grandchild!