Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LabraWHOodle?

Last night I had a really interesting experience. I was lying there, approaching the sweet threshold of slumber, when suddenly I felt paws on my chest. I opened my eyes (or thought I had) and saw a black and white Labradoodle puppy standing there looking me in the face. Her tail was wagging and she took a big, huge lick across my forehead.

I could feel everything.

I felt not just the paws pressing against my chest, but the poke of claws and foot pads too! I also felt the slight back-and-forth movement from her wagging tail and the warm sensation of the tongue across my forehead.

EVERYTHING.

My eyes opened for real at that point and it was all gone. But it had been so incredibly concrete to me. She had been standing there and I even knew she was a “she!”

But nobody was there. Nobody was there and I was in a state of perfect comfort and peace. Completely relaxed.

There are a few articles out there that dispute such experiences. Some say it's a way for spirits to contact us on a level in which we are totally vulnerable and able to accept something like that. Under normal circumstances we don't “see” them because we aren't supposed to and/or are too caught up in the world around us to notice.

Another school of thought contends that it's simply a dream hallucination brought on by the onset of sleep. Nothing more.

I don't know which theory actually holds true and I'm not interested in figuring it out or debating it. What I do know for certain is that what happened last night was incredibly awesome and I hope to see her again. If I could.

Wow.

Google “Labradoodle.” You know you want to. They're so damn cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those experiences?

Pjamms said...

Oh yes. They're so unexpected but so awesome!

Molly said...

Wow--what a trip! Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes that happens to me, too. Except it's really happening and a determined tiny rat terrier is trying to stick her tongue up my nostrils and tickle my brain. Gross but true.
I hope that's not the next thing you imagine.

Pjamms said...

Oddly enough, I would probably enjoy that.