Saturday, January 27, 2007

Aleve Guardin

Last night I met some good friends at the Olive Garden. The wait was an hour but we didn't really care because that's what happens when you're with good friends.

We talked about our lives, our plans for the future and everything else under the sun. We laughed and joked around even long after the table had been cleared. Sometime during the evening it dawned on us that we hadn't seen each other for six months.

We all live in the same town.

How does that happen? I guess it just does because it's certain I'm not the only person to ask that question. People get busy, but some people manage to stay in touch for years and years without a problem. I want to stay in touch with them for years and years without a problem. I just do. They're good people. Good people who care about my well-being and I care about theirs. Those are the friends you grab onto and never let go. Even if they ask nicely.

We first met two years ago in an English class at the university with a less than enthusiastic professor (who was actually wonderful once you got to know him). After braving that and managing to find things to talk about after the semester ended that weren't simply flashbacks from class (which did take awhile but eventually we got the hang of it), I would say our friendship(s) are pretty solid. Relatively new but solid.

So...anyway...what was my point? Who knows. I just had a really nice night with them and hope to see them again soon and for a long time after.

Yeah. I think that was it.

Okay.

Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coolio Jamms. Olive Garden is a nice place to eat and hang with friends. I usually wind up there when taking my Mom out because she really likes it.

Hey, just wanted to say that Virgils site is back up and you are missed. Actually, I have been the only one posting there in the recent week.
I guess that Arwen is back to hanging at tOdds and Wacco has a new ID there too. His site is sort of slow too.
Azuza registered there not too long ago and has posted several times of recent.

Well, Just wanted to say hey and how ya doing and that so, Hey how ya been. Drop by. You kind of livened up the places and as dreary as they have been of late, could use some livining.

spacetrucker.