Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fridays with Subway

I am so awesome.

Yes, I realize this isn’t news but one can forget how awesome they are from time to time. Because of what happened today, my awesomenicinity has been reaffirmed.

REAFFIRMED.

You see, awhile back, my friends Kevin, Ashley and I went out to lunch during the work week pretty regularly. With our crazy schedules (actually Kevin and Ashley’s crazy schedule and my boring one) we didn’t have much time to see each other on the weekend so this was a good idea. However, it got to be expensive and quite generous in the calorie expenditure department. In order to keep it up, we devised a plan to save our lunch dates, yet also our money and body fat percentages. We decided to only lunch one day per week, and since the health-conscious Subway down the street NOT ONLY offered a $2.99 Friday sandwich BUT A FREE COOKIE AS WELL (only on Fridays for a limited time while supplies last all rights reserved), we picked that as our place. We went to Subway on Fridays for lunch until about last August when the two of them moved away.

(There is a side story about how that Subway developed the nickname “Place de la Chubby Butterfly” which later became this blog's namesake but I won’t go into that now.)

Due to this ingenious plan, we collected quite a few Subway points on our respective cards. As usual, I forgot about the points collected UNTIL TODAY.

I was hungry.
I wanted to go out to lunch.
I was broke as a joke.

BUT.

Because of our forward thinking skills, I had enough points to get a FOOT-LONG veggie sub WITH CHIPS and a DRINK for FREE.

(Not a cookie though because they’re only free on Fridays.)

PLUS I STILL HAVE POINTS LEFT. Can you believe it?? I was excitedly relaying this story to my coworker and she suggested I put it on my blog (which may actually be an avoidance maneuver so she doesn't have to hear my compelling stories. I haven't figured that out yet).

I don’t think a Subway sandwich has ever tasted this incredible.



WOOHOO!

No comments: