Thursday, January 24, 2008

BBQ Veggie Rice

Okay.

This is hilarious.

I made dinner tonight.

(HHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!)

Kidding. Obviously that's not the funny bit. No, I made dinner tonight and it was a vegetarian meal. Do you know what I was craving as I pondered what to make for dinner?

BARBECUE VEGGIE RIBLETS.

They are made by Gardenburger and I've always liked them BUT THEY SEEM to resemble SOMETHING VERY FRIGHTENING that I may or may not have experienced recently.

Holy crap.

But I made the dish anyway because I really like it and it looks/tastes completely different so deal with it. I'm a tool. There. Now you know.

TIME FOR THE FOOD PART.

Michael's Awesome BBQ Veggie Rice!

2 bell peppers, any color
1/2 white onion
1 bunch green onions
2T Olive oil
2 cups short grain brown rice
1 box Gardenburger Veggie Riblets (DON'T SAY IT.)

You could also make any veggie patty you want and add BBQ sauce.

Stop looking at me like that.

Chop all the veggies small like you're making stir fry. Because you are. Basically.

NEXT...get a big freaking sauteƩ pan with a lid. Lightly coat the big freaking pan with olive oil and sauteƩ the veggies until the white onions are transparent. (Does this sound familiar?)

Sizzle Times.




Add the rice and continue to sizzle until the onions are a little bit more transparent (because that's how exact a science this is WHICH IS WHY I HAVE INCLUDED PICTURES).

Oooooh.




Add roughly 6 cups water and let it simmer, covered until it stops steaming underneath the lid, around 20 minutes or so. You know, like how you normally boil rice. It's nothing you can't handle.

Trust me.

When the rice is nearly done, microwave the riblets according to the package directions. The riblets that come in this box.



Cube the riblets and SAVE THE SAUCE FROM THE PACKETS. DO NOT GET RID OF THE SAUCE. It will flavor the rice.

The rice should be done. Remove from heat, add the riblets AND THE SAUCE. Mix it all up crazy style.

Mmm.



Serve with some steamed vegetables! I recommend broccoli and carrots.

DEELISHUS.

Here's the nutritional crap I calcumalated per serving because I'm wicked awesome.

PER CUP

237 calories
17g fat
40g carbs
4.5g fiber

Weight Watchers Point value: 5.5
(Without steamed veggies which are 1 or 2 extra.)

Now.

Go make it.

Seriously. Go.

Go now.

NOW.

NOOOOOW.

Fine. I'll just make it. More for me.

PEACE OUT.

5 comments:

bots! said...

Do you do Weight Watchers?

Pjamms said...

Hi Bots! Welcome!

I used to do it, but I have friends who still do so I listed the points for them (and anyone else who happens to read this and follow WW).

bots! said...

ohhhhhhh.

well, i am going to start it so keep up the point calibration, sir! :)

calanan said...

BARBECUE VEGGIE RIBLETS.

They are made by Gardenburger and I've always liked them BUT THEY SEEM to resemble SOMETHING VERY FRIGHTENING that I may or may not have experienced recently.


Bahahahaha!

Pjamms said...

Bots: Awesome! Good luck and I will! :-)

Calanan: It's THE TRUTH. HA!