Monday, November 27, 2006

Vous desirez...?

Hi!

Thanksgiving 2006 pictures (and a video) are on their way. I have a crapton and am still sorting through them and making captions and stuff. It’ll be great. Trust me.

So…I went to make a return at the mall yesterday after going CRAZY at Banana Republic on Saturday lest I suffer serious financial consequences. It happens. 5 Banana Republics adorn my fair city and all accept returns, however the one where the craziness happened was out as the same people who sold the clothes to me would be there (you wouldn’t go there either). 3 others were too far to make a quick trip, so that left me with The Gateway downtown and Trolley Square uptown. I started out for Trolley Square as it's less hectic and has free parking.

Why do some businesses put their hours in such small type you have to park, get out of the car and walk all the way up there like an idiot to find out they’re closed and you still can’t go inside? Think about it. I’m not lazy. Shut up.

The posted hours stated the mall wouldn't open until noon and it was 10:30. Gateway opens at 11 so I went to Gateway anyhow. While driving down there it dawned on me that Gateway's parking is free on Sunday anyway so there wasn't a reason to even go to Trolley Square.

The mall is completely outdoors and it was FREEZING (39F, 7C) so I grabbed some coffee, wandered the lovely brick walkways for a bit and headed down to the store by 11:15. The door was locked.

The Gateway opens at 11. Banana Republic at The Gateway opens at NOON.

Why would you wish to open an HOUR LATER than the mall your business is in DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON?

Just asking.

SO...I went BACK to Trolley Square so I wouldn't freeze my ARSE off, called my friend and waited on a bench next to a children's modeling agency inside which a small blonde kid squealed as he slid on the marble lobby floors in his socks.

My friend kept asking what the screeching in the background was.

Let’s recap. I went to Trolley Square because it has free parking, but so does The Gateway. I went to The Gateway because it opens earlier than Trolley Square BUT BANANA REPUBLIC DOESN’T.

Murphy’s Law? You decide.

When Banana Republic finally opened I returned the items through a very confused and bewildered sales clerk. He didn't seem to understand that I wanted to return ALL the items, not SOME of them, and WITHOUT looking around to see if something else caught my eye. SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN’T WORK OUT, OKAY?? I liked the clothes. Really! They were beautiful! But I like electricity and food too. Even more than clothes.

Sometimes.

It was still a very nice day. Honestly if that’s the most stressful thing I have to deal with I’m pretty damn lucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.
all i can say is......wow.

n@

Pjamms said...

Exactly!!

We need to hang out soon. Totally.

Anonymous said...

Yes.
Soon. As in After The Week of the 11-16. AKA Finals.
yes.
finals.
again.....
Only 1 more to go.
(finals that is. for b.S. that is...)
blech

n@