Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgivingaramalamajama!!

Okay. Here are the Thanksgiving pictures. Shall we begin?

I went over to my parents house to "help" my mom prepare for Michael and Rebecca's visit. Basically I took stupid pictures and she actually prepared things. I may have chopped something at one point. It's hard to remember.

Anyway, first of all, I wanted to show you all my new t-shirt with a "Thanksgiving Irony" theme. It's from Threadless. You like? Go buy!!



Next...check out my mad place setting skills! Folded napkins ain't got NOTHIN' on me!!



This is the table from another angle. I call it "Sunshine Luncheon with Kickass Turkey Pilgrim Gravy Boat." Well at least I set the table, right?



There was a candy bowl in the living room. Bogie and I were very interested in what the large chocolates on top were.





I had to try one.



THEY WERE MALTED MILK BALLS!!



EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!



By then Rebecca and Michael came over! Here they are with some weirdo in the mirror behind them.



Pretty soon it was time for dad to carve the turkey.



Dinner!



I wanted to take a picture of my plate all dressed up with foods, but that might have been a little irritating for everyone. This is what everyone made.

My Lovely Mother



Pressed herb turkey (which I did not partake of but everyone said was tender and juicy and all that), delicious homemade stuffing with walnuts, cranberries and other awesome treats inside, garlic mashed red potatoes and fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. The green beans are my FAVORITE dish. I ask for them every year. I love them.

Oh yes...and it wouldn't be a true Southwestern Thanksgiving without...



...the chips and salsa (which was made fresh by my mother of course).

The Fabulous Rebecca



Rebecca brought Patat Deuce, which is a Cajun dish of mashed sweet potatoes mixed with cream and eggs and butter I think and Grand Marinier and sugar maybe and all this incredible stuff topped with a CRUNCHY FREAKING PECAN SUGAR CRUST.

Trust me. You will never want pumpkin pie after that.

She also brought orange and chocolate pralines for dessert which you can see in this finely appointed dessert setting.



My mother provided the pumpkin pudding parfaits and Rebecca also brought the After Eight mints. They melted in your mouth. The chocolate cake was a rum cake my mom's friend brought back from the Bahamas. Delicious.

What did I bring?


A bag of rolls and butter.

(HEY! They were FRESHLY BAKED whole grain rolls from the artisan bakery! IT WAS A GOOD CONTRIBUTION DAMNIT.)

After dinner and dessert we talked, laughed, drank some great wine and my dad and Michael provided the opportunity for the quintessential post-Thanksgiving photo op.



Bogie is such a camera whore.


So all in all it was a WONDERFUL day. How was your Thanksgiving?

6 comments:

liljackmonkey said...

you say camera whore like it's a new thing..

ruben d. lópez said...

what does the shirt say??

Pjamms said...

It's a muffin yelling "Ah munna eat choo!!" (I'm gonna eat you.)

It's ironic because I...ate a muffin?

Hm...

Pjamms said...

CAMERA WHORE CAMERA WHORE CAMERA WHORE!!

ruben d. lópez said...

OMG....that's an awesome shirt. ME WANTY!

Pjamms said...

OMG I WANT ONE TOO!!

Oh wait...

Click the linky in the post and you can buy one! Woo!!