Friday, November 03, 2006

PooooTATOTOMATOZUCCHINI.

HI!

I'm sitting here with my friend Jackie and writing about our dinner. Rather, she is going to the bathroom and I am out here.

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT WE MADE!!

My coworker gave me a recipe of hers that she likes. It's called Potato Tomato Zucchini. You have to say it fast and all together for the full effect.

PoooTATOTOMATOZUCCHINI.

Hahaha. Anyhoo, it's pretty self explanatory. Here be the recipe.

POTATOTOMATOZUCCHINI

3 small potatoes
3 roma tomatoes
1 medium sized zucchini
1 small bag baby carrots
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
3 tbsp parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil (a spray will work best)
1 cup of LOVE (Jackie made me say that)

Slice the veggies, but not the carrots. Spray olive oil on the pan and place the veggies in. Spritz the veggies with a bit more oil and love (again, Jackie). Sprinkle the parmesan, basil and oregano all over the top. It should look like this:



Then place in a preheated oven at 375 for 45 minutes. It will serve 2-3 peeps. While that bakes, make the delicious rice to go with it! YAY!

DELICIOUS RICE TO GO WITH IT

1/2 cup brown basmati rice
1/2 cube vegetable bouillon
2 pinches safflower

Place all the crap in a pot with 1 1/2 cups water or broth. Cook like rice. Done and done.

When everything is all complete, your delicious plate will look something like this (Oroweat Oat Nut toast optional):



DELICIOUS!

You know what else is good? Dessert. We took this sorbet:



and paired it with fresh pineapple! Could it be that I actually made a dessert that doesn't look awful?? Could it BE??!!



MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Was there liquor? Of COURSE there was liquor!! We had amaretto sours. They were awesome.



On an unrelated note, here is my new t-shirt that I love very much as seen from an EXTREMELY DIRTY mirror in reverse. The little jumpy guy is saying "I am unique!" It's from Threadless. Ain't it cute?



ALSO...here is the snow hat I made with my friend Natalie. Hey Nat! It's DONE!! It's done and it doesn't look horrid!! YAY!!



Okay so that's all. I've had a bit to drink and so has Jackie so it's time to go now.

PEACE OUT!!

2 comments:

Wac said...

I see all the spices (salt and pepper). Geez Louees! Have some meat.

Via Ferrata said...

The Potatotomatozucchini looks so good. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life it would be potatoes. They are incredible.