Thursday, October 12, 2006

J'(coeur) jus de V8

Ooooooh. Mmm.

I am having a glass of V8 right now and it is delicious. I can smell the celery. DID YOU HEAR THAT?? I can SMELL the CELERY!! YUMMMMM.



So...today at work Rebecca-have you noticed this is slowly becoming a foodie blog? Huh. That's weird.

Anyhoo...today my friend Rebecca (who still had that latte) suggested we go to lunch at this other Middle Eastern place called "B.C. Chicken." They had another location in the next town but it closed so I thought it was gone forever. Well it didn't close. They just moved and it's really, really close now! So that's where we went. She had chicken souvlaki with salad and I had falafel with salad and rice. As expected, it was as mind-numbingly delicious as it had been at the previous locale. The falafel was very crisp on the outside yet moist and rich on the inside with garlic and spices. The rice was chewy and to DIE for. Plus there was tzatziki! You KNOW how much I love tzatziki!

Rebecca brought up an interesting point. The new location is in a motel complex. It must have been cheap rent and I'm sure people hesitate when driving by, but the restaurant is very clean and everything is new inside. Everyone is very kind and greets you as you walk in and out. She said she liked supporting the place because it was within a motel and not so expensive that people staying there couldn't get a nice fresh cooked meal.

She's right. I like that too.

For those of you who are locals, the restaurant is on Washington just after 12th. You can't miss it. :)

OOOH. When we left I noticed a DRIVE THROUGH WINDOW on the SIDE.

I AM SO GOING BACK!!

No comments: