Saturday, October 14, 2006

Arts Festival/Fête des Artes

Today my mom and I went to the Arts Festival downtown. It was AWESOME! Booth after booth filled to the brim with gorgeous beads, paintings, sculptures, whathaveyou and everything else lined the street and various bands played the morning away with their own version of laid-back "Mountain" music. Simply walking around soaking up the atmosphere was enough.



After strolling around, we went to lunch at a local cafe where my outfit somewhat matched the floor. Heh.



My mom bought a necklace at the seashell store next door (say that three times fast). Isn't it lovely?



At the end of the street there is a plaza with an old train station that is now a museum. Here's the outside.



Here's the inside. There was an art judging thingamabobo going on.



After that we were on our way out when a lady stopped us and gave us a flyer. She said she was part of the "Harmonica Army" and they were rounding up enough people to play the harmonicas at once to beat the current Guinness record of 1800 or something. We went over to the baseball stadium and there was INCREDIBLE LIVE blues music and FREE FREAKING HARMONICAS!!





What a nice surprise! We learned how to play "When The Saints Go Marching In." I can kinda sorta play it now. Plus I got a harmonica! Score!!

Aaahh. Such a nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're mom is adorable..just love her!! Love you pumpkin! -j

Anonymous said...

I heard about that harmonica thing on the radio, it sounded fun! I'm glad you went :).
n@