Friday, October 06, 2006

Dinner!!

My good friend Natalie came over tonight and we made a scrumptious dinner. It was vegetarian meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans and chocolate dipped bananas for dessert.

Well...that's what it was supposed to be.

Natalie brought ground turkey because they didn't have soy meat. That was too bad but we soldiered on with ground turkey. I kept asking her what to add and when, completely ignoring the directions she painstakingly wrote on an adorable little recipe card. When I brought up that fact she agreed and took over meatloaf operations while I worked on dipping the bananas.

Well...she got everything nice and ready for the oven when I mentioned the brown sugar hadn't been added to the sauce.

At least I read something.

She was a very good sport about it.



MMM!



Then I sorta...well...the crock pot...trying to balance it...

Okay I just dumped the chocolate on the bananas. It looked horrible.



Then I realized as we were "plating" it up that the green beans were in the freezer.

Frozen.

So we had a side of mashed potatoes and, um, potatoes.



That's Cajun Slap Ya Mama seasoning on the cut potatoes. Thank GOD that was handy!

But you know what? IT WAS AWESOME!! The food turned out delicious too! I haven't laughed that hard in months!! Natalie! Let's screw up some recipes again because that was a BLAST!!

Seriously. It was the best. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should try something w/ tofu. I've never cooked w/ tofu before... maybe tofu shepards pie? Or would that go against the whole idea of "shepards" pie.....something to think about.

I had fun too!!! It was soooooooooo-oooo good!

:)

Pjamms said...

YESS!! IT WAS GOOD! I have a really yummy sauteed tofu recipe we could try too if you want.

Whatcha doing this Friday?? I hear tofu calling.