Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ode to Starflucks

So this sleepy, sated afternoon at work I went down to "Popular Seattle-based Coffeehouse Chain" to get a large Americano and brought it back to my desk.

An Americano is espresso without milk.

I ordered the 20 ouncer.

20 ounces.

Pure espresso.

After consuming said drink, my headache disappeared (replaced with a light buzzing noise), my hearing improved ten-fold (THERE'S A MOSQUITO OUTSIDE ON THE ROOF AND IT JUST SNEEZED!) and my pen and keyboard tray turned itself into an instant drum set (tap tap tap TAP TAPT APTPAPAPAPATPPATPAPAAPAAPPP!!!)

I suddenly felt compelled to write a poem, right then and there (of course I did), to honor the purveyor of so much afternoon mirth and shakiness (actually it was more like "Oh my GOD I have to WRITE A POEM NOW. THIS is the BEST idea EVER WHEREMYPENAT??!!!")

So I bring to you, loyal blog readers, my 5-seconds-at-work-in-the-afternoon composed ode to that wonderful peddler of legalized liquacrack.
________________________
Starflucks by Me

Liquid crack
Gots my back
Better 'n smack
Yo yo yo

Where my peeps at?
_________________________

Stunning, no?

Would it make it worse if I said this is scribbled in serial killer handscrawling on the back of a notepad currently sitting on my desk for everyone to see?

Yeah. I thought so. Good thing the shredding bin is just around the corner.

Though I did get a TON of work done today...

2 comments:

Pjamms said...

Hee hee hee!!

That's all I could think to say.

Anonymous said...

Americano is coffee and espresso, not just espresso. If it was just espresso, it would be considered a double doble espresso, that's a lotta espresso action!