Monday, May 01, 2006

Interesting...

So today at work I went for a walk during lunch. It was gorgeous and got me thinking...I am completely free. Let me explain:

1. I have no partner.
2. I have no children (thank GOD).
3. I do not own property.

Beside some student loans and a small car payment, I have no other obligations whatsoever. None. Free as a bird. Many of you out there might be thinking I'm missing out by not having some of these things, but I like it this way. I could pick up and leave TOMORROW for Egypt if I wanted to! This, of course, leads me to the next question:

Why haven't I picked up and left for Egypt?

Well, money is an issue as it is expensive to go to Egypt (I priced it) and it will take a little saving on my part...which would mean giving up certain ludicrously overpriced coffee drinks and that is tantamount to only breathing every other day in my book. BUT...my POINT is I could DO IT if I WANTED TO.

Don't worry. I'm not going to Egypt. When I vacation in another country, it will be somewhere a bit less...terse. But I do plan on going somewhere later in the year. I have a flight credit that must be used before January. I may go to New York to see my friend or use the credit to go somewhere else - I haven't decided. But that's neither here nor there. The fact is I have chosen a life without much structure and the need to depend upon others and be depended upon. At times it can be a little too unstructured but it works well. Whether it stays this way or it changes, for now I highly recommend it.

This is good.

I am happy.

Yes.

Now, what should I do for a permanent career...???

4 comments:

Via Ferrata said...

Cheese taster is a good career, unless you are lactose intolerant. I love cheese.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered voice acting? I have a cartoon that needs to be made.

Pjamms said...

Good for MooCow!

Hey...why don't I do voiceover work IN AUSTRALIA??!!

YAH!!

Or something.

Anonymous said...

as long as they have rice for you to burn there!

hey, remember that question I asked you in my last comment here? I answered it! or something. Go to this address:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=698&topic=36
and then gimme the address they give you for your blog feed - that way I can keep up with you and your exploits!

thanks for stopping in and saying hi tho!