Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mail, You've Got

I got a piece of mail yesterday that had never been sealed.

Has that ever happened to you? Somehow when they were sealing up the envelopes that one was missed. It makes it all the way to your mailbox completely fine and completely open. That's always fascinated me. At any moment someone, anyone, could have grabbed what was inside. In this case it was a letter with some financial info on it and everything was left untouched.

Kinda renews your faith in mankind, doesn't it?

What is amazing is that this letter came halfway across the country like that. It came through who knows how many post offices and never even got unfolded (I checked the creases).

(Psst...hey...there is an explanation. Post Offices are automated now so probably nobody saw it and if they did they didn't give a damn because it was flat on a belt anyway. Also how do you know someone didn't pull out the info and copy it down? Creases can be re-creased. You don't know.)

Did you hear something?

I was too busy lounging in the sunlight of humanity and eating frozen peaches. Have you tried frozen peaches? They are so good! I'll write more about that after I call my credit card company to ask about this $47,000 charge made in Colombia on my statement.

Aww shit.

1 comment:

Pjamms said...

That is the LAST TIME I lend my credit card to a hobo!!