Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Explanation

After reading the last post, you may be wondering what happened. Why would someone seemingly so dedicated to vegetarianism (for the most part) suddenly have a change of heart?

Well, this is what happened.

I WAS VERY HUNGRY.

Each day the hunger built upon itself. It started out barely noticeable and just grew and grew as I ate lighter and lighter things, coming to a deliciously roasted climax with a side of A1 last night - which shall be referred to henceforth as “The Night of Meats.”

After exercising (and having a light salad with kidney beans for dinner), I was driving home on a route that takes me past McDonald’s.

Yes. McDonald’s.

I started thinking about their cheeseburgers and how we all love to hate them…how we all secretly love biting into their savory/salty goodness even though we know full well that’s not actually food we’re biting into.

No.

It’s a specially engineered, legalized meaty disc of CRACK.

I don’t know what came over me. Before I knew it I had wolfed down THREE DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS in the PARKING LOT while SITTING in my CAR.

They didn’t even make it home.

As I sat there masticating this thought crossed my mind: “How can I claim vegetarian status when I am sitting here eating BEEF?? This isn’t excusable fish or justifiable poultry…this is HARDCORE DEAD COW.”

The Holy Grail of meats.

Clearly my body was saying something to me. My body was VERY HUNGRY and TIRED of being DEPRIVED.

At least that’s what I’m going to tell myself.

What’s more is that I have not suffered any digestive consequences from that “meal” whatsoever. None! Not a one! In fact I feel really good today!

It’s like a hole in my psyche has been filled.

With a cow leg.

So that’s pretty much it. I am a meat eater again. I welcome your recipes. Look forward to mine.

Peace out.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the land of carnivores. :)

Via Ferrata said...

I just want you to know that I consider one of the world's most awesome people, no matter what you eat.

ruben d. lópez said...

When I was at the Adventist university, I would eat vegetarian and like a couple hours later, I'd be hungry again! I do like the healthy side of it, but like you, I hate that hungry feeling. I love the satiated feeling of eating a meat-laden meal. Welcome back!

liljackmonkey said...

Wow, I'm not even mad. That's impressive, you ate 3 whole double cheeseburgers. Probably cost you about 3.20 something. ;) (I'm hoping you get the reference to the movie in this one, otherwise I sound like an ass) Loves!

Anonymous said...

with a cow leg. that's my favorite part.

Anonymous said...

gasp!

NOOOOO!

I have some delicious chicken recipes!

And ew. I bet you smell like meat. I eat beef all the time and I've never had 3 double cheeseburgers! I'm actually grossed out by that. Ew.

Throw together Chicken Recipe:

Cut up thawed chicken breast into small bits.

Fry with a touch of olive oil and minced garlic (not powder).

Once chicken is cooked, scramble egg in with chicken. Add spices.

Add half a can of black beans, half a can of corn, cilantro, whatever you want.

Stuff in pita shell, add a touch of cheese, bake for 10 minutes until melty goodness smells come out.

Pjamms said...

KJ: Thank you dahling.

Via: Thank you for saying that. It means a lot coming from you.

Balthazar: I TOTALLY AGREE.

Jackie: Yes I get the reference. ;-)

Jennifer: IT WAS MY COW LEG.

Becka: That recipe sounds good! Thank you!

What nice friends I have!! :-)

ruben d. lópez said...

I've got a recipe for Elvis' Beefy Spaghetti. It looks yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wac said...

Dude, don't feel bad. My Dad tried to live the vegetarian life at one point, and Micky D's did him in too. His was a commercial (back when the Big Mac was the craze) and had to have a burger. After that, he'll swear in the fact that us humans have sharp teeth to tear flesh, not flat toothed grinding of grass like cows.

I'll always remember that.

Welcome back to the top of the food chain! Or, the dark side. The choice is yours.

I'm still with Becka though. Three doubles? Remind me to keep you away from Coney Island.

Also on the roster on "I don't care what you eat, you're still an awesome friend".

Pjamms said...

Balthazar: Beefy spaghetti sounds delicious. I would love the recipe. :-)

Wac: Thanks. You're an awesome friend too. :-)

Oh, also, just so you know I wouldn't normally eat 3 doubles. It was an extenuating circumstance. Coney Island and I would get along just fine. LOL.

ruben d. lópez said...

2 lbs spaghetti
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped bell pepper
1/2 c. chopped garlic
2 tbsp. chili powder
2 bay leaves
1.5 tbsp italian seasoning
2 lbs. ground beef
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. pepper
1 lbs. tomatoes
1 c. catsup/ketchup
2 cans tomato paste (medium size)
3. tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vegetable oil

Heat oil in large skillet, add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and sautee until tender. Add ground beef, mix well, adding salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Cook until tender. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, catsup/ketchup, sugar, chili powder, and Italian seasonings. Simmer about 2 hours. About 15 minutes before sauce is done, drop spaghetti in large kettle 3/4 full of boiling water. Cook 10 minutes, drain and pour sauce over spaghetti and mix well. Serve hot and garnish with parmesan cheese. Serves 12.

Pjamms said...

Thank you!

Wait...serves 12? DAMN! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Just a clarification...
Prime Rib is the Holy Grail of Meats.

Pjamms said...

I stand corrected.