Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Way I See It #208

I found this on the side of my Starbucks cup today. I had to share it with you. This woman brings up a very important point.

"I wish couples who desperately take every means to conceive a child would realize that adoption is a wonderful alternative. A child who becomes your child through adoption completes a family. Just as when you commit to your spouse or partner there are no biological ties, yet a family was formed. This child enters a family the same way! It is not blood and flesh that form a family, but the heart."

Michele Johnson
Wamego, Kansas

Thank you Michele. You lend support to my theories on starting a family. I was not adopted, but I have friends who were. They are just as much well-adjusted and loved as other children who are with their birth parents. No situation is perfect, of course, but if you're a loving person and a good provider, it shouldn't matter whose DNA is in the child you're raising, should it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just add that Wamego (pronounced Wah Mee Go) is about 20 minutes from where I used to live? And besides the one mcdonalds and two stoplights, and I think a bowling alley, there isn't much else around? Unless you travel for about an hour? And then you get to Manhattan, Kansas. And you can guess the excitement it has.

Pjamms said...

Apparently there's a Starbucks.