Saturday, June 09, 2007

Me gusta cocinando/I like cooking

LAST NIGHT WAS THE NIGHT OF A THOUSAND RECIPES.

Or...more accurately...two.

First I made tuna casserole. It wasn't awful (that means you get to see pictures).

Granted, I couldn't remember exactly WHAT goes in a tuna casserole, and was slightly hindered as I have never actually MADE one, but walking around the supermarket was helpful enough. It made sense eventually.

This is what I did.

Michael's Wingin' It T-role (you must say "T-role.")

1 package spaghetti noodles
1 small container lowfat cream cheese
1 regular can of lowfat/low sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 regular size bag of frozen peas
2 cans tuna
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
1 bag shredded 2% milk cheddar cheese

Cook noodles. While cooking mix all the other crap in a bowl except the parmesan and bread crumbs. Add noodles to the bowl when done cooking them. Mix. Put in a 9x13 casserole dish. Cover with parmesan and bread crumbs and bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until bubbly.

Here is the APPROXIMATE nutritional information.

1/6 of a 9x13 pan

410 calories
12g Fat
Something fiber I can't remember but it's a lot because of the bread crumbs.

PICTURES!!




MMM. Taste the flavoury goodness.

After that I made my usual rice dish. The recipe has been posted before here. I was sad though because I forgot the safflower which makes it a nice yellow color.



I didn't figure the nutritional information for the rice but I will do that soon because now I'm curious. Hmm.

Here is a picture of me pretending to fall off the curio in the living room.



Here is a publicity shot with a dangerously hot saucepan.



Food night was a good night.


No comments: