Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More Delicious Foods!/¡Más comidas deliciosas!

Helleeeaux!!

So I'm back in Utah now. I had such a great time! Pictures are forthcoming but let me tell you about Sunday. Sunday was delicious.

We went to Greg's brother and sister-in-law's house (Bryon and Mauria).

I hope I spelled Bryon's name right.

Joining us were Holly and Jack (Greg's sister and brother-in-law) and their daughter Daphne who is very small and 3. I think. I should know her age but I just don't. Oops. She's funny but I think she was getting sick and that's too bad. Feel better Daphne!

Anyway...Mauria made a DELECTABLE dinner of vegetable lasagna with whole wheat noodles, spinach salad, and whole grain bread from the co-op near their house served with hummus and a dessert of chocolate mousse made from silken tofu.

THANK YOU MAURIA! It was awesome! I may have to copy that dinner. Heh.

Holly and Jack (Greg's sister and brother-in-law) also brought Three Dolla Pie which Holly believes should be called Proletariat or "Prole" Pie due to it's simplicity and inexpensive nature. It tasted like key lime pie with a touch of lemon meringue (without the meringue) thrown in. That was some good pie! Yay for proles!!

Thanks for letting me link to the recipe without asking you first, Jack!

The lasagna had a layer of portobello mushrooms, spinach and zucchini. I LOVE MUSHROOMS. One gripe I have with vegetable lasagna is that you can't taste the ricotta. YOU COULD SO TASTE THE RICOTTA.

I would have taken pictures but didn't want to freak people out.

The salad was crisp and fresh and NOT FROM A BAG. Why do people use bagged salads more and more? I don't understand. If it's a simple salad you can easily chop things up and then they're not all wilty and gross. I appreciated the freshness of the salad. Yum. It had radish slices, carrots, peppers and some other stuff that was tasty. Cucumbers too I think. Ooh! So good.

The bread and hummus were wonderful, and the chocolate mousse tasted light and slightly nutty like chocolate Silk. Mauria added whipped cream and rum-soaked strawberries to the top with a sprinkle of cocoa powder.

Another recipe I may have to mimic here.

So Sunday was a wonderful night and dinner was great. Now I'm home and very satisfied with the weekend. Thank you to everyone in Iowa for showing me such a good time! Iowa is neat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why yes that is how you spell his name!

Narcolette

Pjamms said...

Hot damn!