Sunday, February 11, 2007

El fin de semana/The weekend

I thought this story was pretty interesting. I wonder what is going on though? Is she mentally ill like her son thinks or did she just want to get away?

Woman returns to village after decades.

Anyway...this weekend was a nice one. I met my friends Rebecca and Michael (remember them?) and my other friend Janelle at our friend Lisa's house and it was great. Lisa has two funny teenage boys, a goofy husband and a Great Dane named James. Going to her house is a guarantee of hilarity and this time was no different. They are crazy and I love it!

Rebecca brought Crawfish Monica and I made saffron rice with real saffron! Unfortunately the rice was mushy and completely devoid of flavor and it was actually a little embarrassing because the last time we had a cooking night the same thing happened. Oh well. Maybe I'm just a crappy cook. That is a possibility. It keeps happening. I may be in denial.

(damnit)

Janelle brought a chocolate chip ice cream cake cookie thing and that was delicious. Lisa made an INCREDIBLE spinach strawberry salad with vinaigrette. God it was delicious. We laughed and ate and talked about anything and everything. It was really, really nice to see them. It's been too long since we all hung out last. It was Rebecca's first time at Lisa's and I think her and Michael both enjoyed themselves and that is wonderful.

Good times.

After that I went to my friend Kevin's house and saw Jackie and Ashley and Kelly and a million other people that are constantly coming by to chat. That was also nice.

Today Jackie and I went to coffee (thanks John K.!) and took some coffee to Kevin at work. Then we had lunch and went to Target for grapefruit because JACKIE GOT ME A GRAPEFRUIT SPOON.

YES.

SHE DID.

Well technically it was her grandma's (SHUT UP) but her grandma gave it to her to give to me. Her grandma is really sweet. Thanks you two!

That, in and of itself, may have made this the best weekend ever.

Lately my internet access has been very slow. I don't know what's going on and have yet to reset the modem, which can fix it sometimes, so who knows? In any case I'm glad this is a text-based blog. If it were a vlog I would be throwing the modem against a tree right now.

Score one point for literacy.

So...that was my weekend. I think. At least what I can remember. On Thursday I'm leaving for Iowa to see my sister! YAY!!

Until next time.

1 comment:

Pjamms said...

SHEEYIT!!

That's going to be one of our new words. Totally.