Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cuchara de abuelita/Grandma spoon

I went to Albertson's to find a grapefruit spoon. You know, it's the pointed spoon with a serrated edge to it so you can eat grapefruit without it squirting your face. One of those. Grapefruit is tasty (to me) so I wanted an easier way to enjoy it's citrusey deliciousness without losing eyesight.

Well there weren't any of them anywhere to be found. I asked a sales clerk and she looked confused. Another sales clerk with her said "Oh YEAH! Like, my GRANDMA had one of those!"

Then she realized how that sounded. Her eyes got huge.

"Oh...I mean it's really easy to eat grapefruit with them and stuff. I
just...we...um...we don't have them...h-h-here. I'm sorry."

Then she sent the other clerk into the back to double check that they
indeed had no grapefruit spoons.

I laughed all the way home. GRANDMA!! GRANDMA SPOON!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

However, I'm trying to eat a grapefruit right now and it's all squirty. After this I'm going to Amazon.com and getting a DAMN grapefruit spoon because I still don't have one.

Heh.

Grandma spoon.

2 comments:

liljackmonkey said...

Ha ha.. well, if you are not able to find one, my grandma literally has like 8 of them, and i'm sure she would be willing to part with one of them. ;)

Pjamms said...

OMG! I can't find them anywhere! It's like they don't exist!!

Tell your grams we need to talk. ;-)