Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Badtz Maru and UPS

"Greetings, blog reader, you have *one* unread blog post. To read the post, please press one..."

So my friend in Alabama sent me a Batdz Maru box he found in his bedroom. This is cool because I have the Batdz Maru penguin and would like to have something to go with it. It arrived today via U.P.S. and it was the same driver from before who POUNDED on the door as if trying to raise the dead to let me know, in a very snarky tone, that my camping chair had arrived. This time he knocked politely, was very nice and even smiled! Not only that but he answered my request for inane chatter! Crazy. He must have taken a sedative or something.

Anyhoo I got it all washed and ready for use here in Utah and I must say it's pretty cute. The delivery also reminded me of the package I had to drop off for shipment so I went downtown to find the UPS box. The phone locator deal had given two addresses for UPS drop boxes. The first one was in a store in Old Town which was closed. The second one was in a large, white, ominous looking building downtown.

The box was nowhere around the front so I went inside the lobby and found myself in a courtyard with 5 or 6 mezzanines above and much indoor plantage. Pretty? Yes, but the box wasn't there either. A very nice woman came by and asked me if I needed help. I told her what I was looking for and she tried to help me, but she didn't actually *work* in that building and was only dropping something off so she wasn't sure. Offices and receptionist desks surrounded me behind walls of glass, but nobody was in any of them. It smacked of the Twilight Zone.

Finally a man came by and that really nice woman asked him if he knew where the box was. He told her and she showed me. Turns out it was on the second floor terrace in a breezeway between the building and the parking garage. I pity any new U.P.S. driver who has to find that thing for the first time. The box was dropped off and it all worked out thanks to the initiative that nice lady took to ask where the box was. Thank you nice lady! Whomever you were! You made my day. :-)

Here be pictures of my new Badtz box jammin' with Batdz.





2 comments:

Yes It's Me :) said...

OMG I love the second to last pic!!!

Pjamms said...

Hee hee hee. He likes his new Boxey. :-)