Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Celebrate!

My office is a very diverse one. By "diverse" I mean there is someone not originally from the U.S. who works there. By that, I mean I work with a Canadian.

Exotic.

Because we are so very diverse, we not only celebrate the 4th of July, but Canada Day as well (July 1st). It's a nice way for him to feel more comfortable and gives us an excuse to have CAKE!

Yes. Cake.

Specifically, the CANADA DAY FLAG CAKE made popular by Kraft Canada and enjoyed many a Canada Day in every province of that great land to the north.

This year was my turn to make the cake. It was really easy and it's not as unhealthy as you might think. It didn't turn out too bad, did it?


You can almost tell it's the Canadian flag!

Here is the recipe with a much better looking strawberry arrangement: Canada Day Flag Cake

Yes, I am already thinking of how to switch this recipe around, add blueberries and make it for the 4th of July. It's not copying, it's utilizing resources.

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL MY CANADIAN FRIENDS!!!








eh.

1 comment:

liljackmonkey said...

Wonderful! I've celebrated Canada Day in McGrath... that's one i'll never forget. One day, I hope to celebrate it in a much larger city!