Tuesday, July 22, 2008

R.I.P. Estelle Getty

An actress known for her determination to succeed and far more roles than Dorothy's mother Sophia Petrillo on The Golden Girls (though that one is my personal favorite), Estelle Getty passed away today after a long battle with dementia. She passed away peacefully and quietly at home, and is now living it up on that big lanai in heaven with all her friends who went before her - at least that's what I'd like to think.

We are happy you are finally at peace, but will miss you.

Estelle Getty, 1923-2008

3 comments:

Via Ferrata said...

Estelle Getty was one of the main reasons I loved The Golden Girls so much. That and the lanai. My sister lives in Florida and has a lanai but because she didn't watch The Golden Girls she calls it a patio. I tell her she must call it a lanai and only wear heals on it so they will make a clacking noise.

Pjamms said...

As it should be. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this. i had to write on imdb to deal.