Sunday, March 11, 2007

SUNDAY/DOMINGO

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!

Let me tell you what happened. My good, good friend Rebecca (1 of 3) was in town for the day so we HAD to hang out. We met at The Gateway.


On my way...

Once there, I saw this guy playing Amazing Grace on bagpipe. I assume it was for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day holiday but since it was downtown you never really know.


St. Patty's Day?


At this point I found her and we took a celebratory picture.


Awwww.


It was an absolutely gorgeous day.



We shopped around a little bit because how can you go to The Gateway and not shop? Just a little? Rebecca found some linens she REALLY liked at Anthropologie.



Rebecca: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! SO SOOOOOOOOOOOFT!!


By that time, our good friend Eric met us and we all hopped in the new Prius Rebecca bought for her company to grab some lunch. SNAZZY!




Oh Eric. You're so very gansta up in tha Prius. Word.


I was seriously going to look into the camera, but just as the lens snapped I noticed a sale banner at Restoration Hardware.


We went to Fiddler's Elbow for lunch. The service was awful but the food was delicious. We'll go back I bet. In the parking lot we found two other environmentally-minded Prius owning individuals. We had to take a picture.


The Prii!


This led to conversations about pollution, oil consumption, global warming and what solutions to those issues exist to utilize today. We decided that because we took Rebecca's Prius we were part of the solution. That became our catchphrase of the day.


"We're part of the solution, bitches."


After a delicious lunch we took Eric back to his car. Rebecca and I then blasted past a somewhat bewildered Eric...



...and high-tailed it to the NEW IKEA!! GRAND OPENING MAY 23RD BABY!! WOO!!



Do you think it would be weird to camp outside the night before?

Maybe it would be.

I don't care.

After that we went to Southtowne and looked around a little, then decided to head back downtown. After chatting with her friend Aimee (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETNESS!!) we thought it would be fun to grab some ice cream. That was when Rebecca LET ME DRIVE THE PRIUS.


Woohoo!


She cut my head off on this one but you get the idea.


After ice cream, a swoop through Wild Oats and a little more witty banter, we both went home. Rather, I came home and Rebecca went back to Aimee's to spend the night as she is leaving tomorrow morning for a week in MAZATLAN.

Not bitter.

This was an incredible day. Thank you Rebecca!! When you get back in on Sunday we MUST do it again!

2 comments:

liljackmonkey said...

Couldn't help but notice... ten and two Wohoo!! Way to be part of the solution.

Pjamms said...

ROFLMAO!!! I forgot about that!! HAHAHA!!

Ten and two...woohoo...

Oh, we're a part of the solution alright. We all about the solution.

Now what was the solution again? I forgot.