Saturday, April 12, 2008

NEWS FLASH.

I HELD A BABY ON THURSDAY AND LIKED IT.



Remember my friend Rebecca? No? Yes you do. I've told you about her before.

No? Really? Come on! Do you ever listen to me?! I mean, I know I can ramble sometimes but if-

Fine.

Rebecca had her baby, named Gerard, 3 months before he was actually due. It was a very scary situation for her and her husband Michael. After the delivery (on Christmas Eve, no less) Rebecca recovered in the hospital and Gerard stayed in the NICU. He was there until his due date (almost three months later). Mom and baby are home now, but Gerard is on oxygen. He's doing really well though, and last Thursday was the first time I got to see him AND REBECCA ASKED ME TO HOLD HIM.

In case you didn't know, this would be the THIRD TIME in my life I have EVER held a baby and the FIRST TIME I held a baby for more than 30 seconds.

It was nice.

Really nice.

He was so calm and quiet...he actually slept in my arms the whole 10 minutes or so I held him. It was very peaceful.

No, I can't say I want to have kids. But holding Gerard was lovely.

2 comments:

Michele said...

aw, such a cute little guy. The baby, though you aren't so bad yourself mister. hee!

Holding babies IS really nice. Especially when you can hand them back to their parents when they start crying.

Pjamms said...

Haha! Rebecca was like "You look a little stiff."

I was terrified I would break something!

TERRIFIED.

Luckily he slept through the whole thing and momma took him back before any crying started. Whew!