Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday

My dad needed another pint of blood (his second) because the nurse gave him Plavix, a blood thinner, the night before his surgery - and he wasn't supposed to. Luckily everything worked out. My dad is doing just fine, can talk, can walk around and is eating solid food. He should be moved to a regular room today and is in very good spirits.

Everyone else has been absolutely wonderful. The service my dad has received has really impressed him and put us all at ease. We know he is being cared for extremely well. To view it from another angle, that one mistake could have had a disastrous result had everyone else not been so attentive. Thank goodness for them. Really.

My mom came over for dinner last week and I made salmon with vegetables and broiled ciabatta bread. I feel secure enough to post the picture. Things are getting back to normal.



The salmon was baked at 450F for, well, I wasn't looking at the time. Until it flaked. 20 minutes? Something like that. It was rubbed in olive oil and coated with "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun seasoning (thanks Rebecca), Asian Panko bread crumbs (thanks mom), and a little grated parmesan. The vegetables were steamed and then tossed with raspberry vinaigrette and I think there was some black pepper added too. The bread was just broiled in the oven with part-skim mozzarella on it.

Aaahh. That felt good to write.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. Boo and Yay for your pops.

But even more. Quit your job and become a chef!

Part time maybe?

Michele said...

slap ya mama Cajun seasoning? For real?
Where can I get this? I NEEEED it!

Pjamms said...

Here!!

http://www.slapyamama.com/

YAY!!