Monday, August 13, 2007

Summer Squash Crunch

Do you have extra squash or zucchini lying about? Try this. I made it last night and it was lovely. Nothing was really measured out (as is my m.o.) so it's really up to you to decide how much to use.

Two people have commented on the deliciousness today (I brought some to share).

Summer Squash Crunch

1 large squash (or zucchini OR EGGPLANT EVEN)
Olive oil
Sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Oregano
Panko bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
Marinara (for plating)

Wash and slice the squash, lie slices flat on a glass baking dish. Coat one side lightly with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt, ground black pepper and oregano. Turn the pieces over and repeat, but add the parmesan and bread crumbs.

Bake at 450F for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. When plating, pour marinara on the plate first and place the squash on top.

Delicious with a fresh green salad. Mmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pics?

Jeannie

Pjamms said...

Sadly, no. It was spur of the moment and very late. I almost didn't post about it at all but figured at least the recipe could go up here. Maybe people will send me pics of theirs.

HAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

For shame duude. Not a vegimite, but I would like to see what you're talking about.

Pjamms said...

I have been a little busy...if you've forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, understood. Dood.