Sunday, July 16, 2006

Introughspekshun

Have you ever looked at your life, who you are, what you enjoy and habits you have, then compare that to others your age and wonder what the hell went wrong? Sometimes I swear there was an orientation or training in life and normalcy and I missed it. Somebody forgot to send me the email or gave me the wrong conference room number and instead of "Life: Blending in and succeeding" I ended up in "How to make money selling painted figurines" down the hall. It's okay. Life is more interesting this way I suppose, but sometimes I just wish I were plain and normal like everyone else.

Also...garbage bags in the U.K. are called bin bags. I like that. I'm going to start referring to them as such.

Random?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh PLEASE!! People who grew up in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood are BORING! Be grateful you are an interesting person (normal people are not interesting). No one looks back on their life and says, "You know, I am just so glad that absolutely nothing interesting or good or bad happened to me."

Normal is overated. If you were normal, I would never read your blog. So there!

_Daphne's So Far From Normal Mommy

Pjamms said...

You are so right. Thanks! I will be weird and love it! :D

Pjamms said...

We must be immune to those kinds of things. I thought I saw you in the painted figurine workshop!

At least you have a graduate degree. That is pretty damn cool. I bet he doesn't. Done and done.