Sunday, June 18, 2006

New Stuff.

Okay it's time for something happy here. Irma would be pissed. :-P

So...yesterday was AWESOME for me. Did you have a nice yesterday?

I did.

My friend and I went to the mall, bought stuff, had lunch, went to a COOL store with new age metaphysical doodads the size of a warehouse, bought some more stuff (JADE!!!), went to a funky coffee shop and watched people, then went to her deliciously appointed townhouse with suede wall treatments and Scandinavian furniture for a delectable dinner of lemon chicken, sugarsnap peas, basmati rice, HOMEMADE HUMMUS, AND dessert of strawberries with freshly made whipped cream drizzled with Grand Marnier.

Holy SHIT what a nice day. :-)

So now I am waiting for the laundry to be done and then I'm going to the supermarket for some food.

Yes I am getting Basmati rice.

Yes I will remember the strawberries.

No you can't have some.

Just kidding.

OOH! I remembered something (AMAZINGLY).

While we were at the funky coffee shop (in Sugarhouse) a woman was outside on the patio having a drink. She finished, gathered up her garbage, and promptly threw away her car keys.

Shiiiiiiit.

My friend and I watched through the window as she laughed and walked around the garbage can looking from every angle. The coffee shop is on a busy street so people were walking by and several stopped to help. Soon there was a crowd of people helping her lift and turn the can (one of those city ones with the pebbles on the sides) to get the keys. Finally she got them and everyone cheered. She came running in and said to one of the baristas "Hey Ken!! Guess what?? I threw away my keys! Woohoo!" as she bolted to the restroom (hopefully to wash the keys and her hands).

What really made it perfect was that we didn't hear anything but the soft, friendly music (some introspective local musician) playing in the background as we watched. It was too perfect and renewed my faith in humankind.

Don't you love it when that happens?

So anyway I have to get my laundry. Bye!

2 comments:

Michele said...

She said "woohoo" about throwing away her keys?
I would have said the F word myself. I reserve woohoos for, you know, ice cream, skor bars and sex. :)

Pjamms said...

Mmmm. Skooor baaars.