Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!!

Hi.

This has been a decent weekend. I am housesitting until this afternoon and the dog here has been fun to hang with. I had an awesome time with my friends dinking around town Saturday and a delicious lunch at Café Med (33rd and 3rd). I had Bademjan (BAH-dem-yan). It's a Persian stew of chicken and eggplant in tomato sauce served with basmati rice you mix it with. YUM.

I just thought of something. We have these "exotic" foods we pay through the nose for and marvel at their flavors, but many of these dishes (like Bademjan) are made by normal, everyday people for lunch in their home countries. Bademjan is typically made for shepherds, but here I was delighting in the lovely taste...and paying more than one of them probably makes in a day for it.

Weird. Not exactly news though.

Anyhoo, it was a good day. I saw someone I wasn't expecting at Sur La Table at the Gateway and that was a very nice surprise. ;-)

So here I am typing away while my friend talks to me on the phone. I've developed the uncanny ability to write my blog whileI don't want to go to CHili's. I went there not too long ago so I want to try somewhere new. I was thinkingofthat one place by the mall withthe big sign and the stucco. YOu can go there ifyou want but something different would benice for lunch because we haven't had lunch yetPot Roast?! Does she know how?!!

Wait.

Hold on.

Let me finish the conversation.

There. Moving on...

As I waited for my friends at Café Med, I noticed two of them had the same name. Or...no. I mean, yes, I KNOW they have the same name but what I meant was they are saved with the same first name in my phone so I'm not sure which is who.

Which is who?

You get it. I put in the last name of one of the people, and as I typed on those little multi-letter keys with it's ever-so-handy T9 word recognition (I are eating Martha!!) something snapped. In my head. Suddenly I felt the overwhelming urge to put EVERYONE'S LAST NAME IN EVERY ENTRY RIGHT THEN.

I had to do it. It couldn't be stopped.

It amazed me how quickly I hammered in those names. Why, if I put the energy from that into another area of my life, could you just imagine-

We're not going there.

The last name was edited right as my friends walked in the door. Just like that. Now I have everyone's last name too so I know for CERTAIN which is who! This was great, but then I noticed they were alphabetized by first name. If I could just switch that around...

Please tell me this has happened to you. Please. Even if you have to lie.

P.S. We're going to Ruby Tuesday's.
P.P.S. Bye.

4 comments:

Pjamms said...

Me is me. Can you be me?

I am me. Can't you see.

Chili's is nice, but not several times in one week. I'm just sayin'.

I like their grilled chicken pita though. Mmm.

Now you made me want Chili's!!

Michele said...

I felt like coming by this morning to say FUNK ATTACK!

That is all...

Anonymous said...

I'll only eat their southwest eggrolls. Yum. Every else is icky.

I have to find out a way to go to SLC. All this food is making me hungry!

Pjamms said...

I'll be waiting at the airport...