Saturday, May 08, 2010

Hello Spring!


New bike times!
Originally uploaded by reseda76
I am going to celebrate you with a new bicycle!

When I moved here, Becka and I started talking about how fabulous it would be to have bicycles, as we are in Biking Capital, U.S.A. Many times we would chat about how lovely it would be to get bikes, ride around, and frolic. Who wouldn't want to do that? Who wouldn't want to frolic?

Well, two days ago, we started looking at them in stores. She could sense my discomfort with purchasing something relatively large, but was persistent with statements like "Bikes are good! You will have so much fun!" and so forth. I'm glad she was. For those of you who don't know, spending more than $20 on anything at all...ANYTHING...holds the risk of breaking me down into a sobby pile of weeping mush. I once bought a $45 DVD set, went home, panicked, started to cry, then rushed back to return it without even opening the package (true story - unfortunately). Perhaps this comes from my days as a "starving student", perhaps it's a reaction to being out here on my own without parental support, or perhaps I am a little crazy. Who knows? Maybe all of the above.

Probably all of the above.

In any case, she gently persuaded me to TAKE the LEAP and BUY A BICYCLE today. She even bought one too! We brought them home today and just got done riding around the neighborhood a little bit and it was SO AWESOME! We were GIDDY! GIDDY and EXCITED like LITTLE CHILDREN!!

Wow. So glad I didn't listen to the voices in my head telling me not to buy it. Do you know why? Because tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny. Riding a bicycle is in order.

WAHOO!

4 comments:

Euneeda Biscuit said...

I AM SO EXCITED I'M USING ALL CAPS.

Now if I could only figure out how to work the stupid air pump...

Also, is gear oil an aphrodisiac to anyone else? No? Just me? okay.
It was in the bike lock. And now I am giddy for an entirely different reason.

Euneeda Biscuit said...

OMG we have bikes!

WEEEEEE!

Pjamms said...

OMG YES WE DO AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

LittleRed said...

That is an awesome looking bike:) Congratulations! I can just picture you frolicking about on your new bike. I just might see if I can find you some spokey dokies......hmmmm wonder if they still make them?